External Quality Assurance Programs (EQA)
In order to improve the quality of the laboratory, the Faculty of Medical Technology has developed the control materials for the laboratory standardization and the quality control system called “External Quality Assurance Program” since 1985. This program is the first quality assurance for medical laboratory in Thailand which aims to evaluate and improve the quality of the laboratories from Thailand and Asian Countries.
Currently, the Faculty of Medical Technology provides 8 schemes of EQA for more than 1,500 members from all over the country. The EQA programs are listed below:
1. The External Quality Assessment In Clinical Chemistry : EQAC
2. The External Quality Assessment In Clinical Hormone : EQAH
3. Blood Lead Proficiency Test Program : BLPT
4. The External Quality Assessment In Tumor Markers : EQAT
5. The External Quality Assessment in Urine Chemistry : EQAUrine Chemistry
The program is divided into 4 sub-divisions.
a. Routine Blood Count (B-EQAM)
b. Cytohematology Proficiency Test (H-EQAM)
c. Cell Identification Proficiency Test (C-EQAM)
d. Urinanalysis Proficiency Test (U-EQAM)
7. The External Quality Assessment Scheme In Clinical Immunology : EQAI
The program is divided into 2 sub-divisions.
a. EQAI : Syphilis serology
b. EQAI : Hepatitis B virus serology
8. The External Quality Assessment Schemes In Parasitology : EQAP